Happy Ironman Wisconsin taper to me!
This has been without a doubt, my strongest season of training yet. I’m so excited to see what unfolds from these legs on race day!
Peak training highlights:
- My one-hundred mile training ride was twenty-eight minutes faster than it was in 2017 and 2016.
- In general, I have been 1-2 mph faster this year on the bike.
- My August long runs included a 19, 12 and 18 mile long run, more than I have done in the past.
- I logged 38 running miles in one week, more than I ever had in even stand-alone marathon training.
- My final long run of 18 miles was a long run pace PR.
- I got to enjoy two Ironman Wisconsin bike loops with Kecia!
- Not so much of a highlight, but I did I swim 2.44 miles in the same amount of time as my previous Ironman swim times.
For the first time, I am content with the training I have done. I know that I have put in the work, a saying I have a hard time with. The work is something I think of as something off of a plan. I didn’t follow a plan, but I did follow my heart and kept showing up for myself.